Monday, May 9, 2011

Sophie May . . .

Last week I had the honor of being present for the birth of Sophie May, daughter of my friend Susanne.  She came 3 weeks early, but still weighed in at 7 lbs 3 oz and was 19.8 inches long.  What a cutie! I don't have any good photos really.  I took lots of pictures with Chris and Susanne's camera, a few with mine, then scooted out of the room so they could have some bonding time.  I'm going back up to Tallahassee next week for a better visit and will hopefully have some better pictures after that.


Here is Dad, Chris, standing over Sophie just minutes after she was born.

Let me just say, being in the room for the birth of a baby and NOT being the one delivering is really amazing.  Not that its not amazing when you are delivering, but I found myself a little more focused on my own personal issues of pain and exhaustion . . .  and the fact that once you deliver a baby you become chopped liver in about 3 seconds flat.  So it was nice to watch someone else become chopped liver so quickly.

Sophie is a very lucky little girl to have Chris and Susanne as parents and Olivia as a big sister.  I can't wait to watch her grow and watch them all get to enjoy her!

No comments:

Post a Comment